A Coaching Fact

by

Coaching will help you reach important goalsIn 1979, researchers interviewed new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that:

84% had no specific goals at all

13% had goals but they were not committed to paper, and only

3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them.

In 1989, the interviewers again checked in with the graduates of that 1979 class.

The results:

The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.

Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source: from the book “What They Don’t Teach You in the Harvard Business School” by Mark McCormack)

So, Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined?

The researchers conclude, and I agree, that it all has to do with goal setting.

It is pretty fantastic that 3% of graduates were able to accomplish such a feat. But, what interests me is that 97% didn’t.

You probably don’t want to be in that 97% grouping. That’s why you’re reading this message right now.

—————–

I believe that most people, even most Harvard graduates, have no idea how to set goals for themselves.

They simply cannot do something like this on their own.

Yet goal setting in not a new trend. It is an old trend that helps you to stay focused on where you want to go.

Moreover, it’s not that hard to do. I help people to set goals all the time, and my results verify those of the Harvard study. Even better, if you were to allow me to help you, we would focus not only on making more money, but also on the other areas of your live.

Suppose that I was coaching you and that, together, we came up with a simular plan to those Harvard graduates who were in that top 3%. Only our plan would be more focused on what really inspires you, what motivates you, what energizes you. Then, we sat down together and clearly wrote out a plan to accomplish your goals

Do you think that would work? Where do you think you would be in a few months or a year from now?

If you are not spending a portion of your income on a coach, statistics clearly show that you are not getting the full potential out of your life. That is the power of having a coach.

Now is the time. Call me today at 506 473 1785 or email me coach@conradtoner.com today for a free coaching session.

Take advantage of this free coaching session and I will show you how coaching impacts peoples lives and helps them to live inspiring lives.